Academy - Testing/Selection Process
- All applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age on the test date.
- All PELLETB and Physical Ability Test dates will be listed on the SSD website. Applicants must register and RSVP that they will be attending the test date.
- On test day, the PELLETB and Physical Ability Test (PAT) shall be completed by the applicant on the same day.
- The applicant shall be required to complete and submit the Non-Affiliate Application and Non-Affiliate Questionnaire to staff prior to leaving the testing site.
- Applicants obtaining a T-Score of 45 or higher will continue onto the next step and those applicants with a T-score of 44 or lower will be allowed to start the testing process over for future Academies.
- A review of the submitted Non-Affiliate Questionnaire will be completed by staff and a telephone interview may be completed with those applicants receiving a passing T-score. This element of the process allows Academy staff to further evaluate the applicant’s interest and personally verify minimum requirements are met.
- The applicants meeting the testing, application/questionnaire and telephone interview requirements may be scheduled for a panel interview.
NOTE: Every attempt has been made to update the information contained herein. However there are always unforeseen testing/selection related process changes that occur. For that reason, we encourage all applicants to contact staff directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) before attending listed test dates, traveling great distances for listed test dates and/or verifying application and testing deadlines.
- The best candidates will be chosen based on their PELLETB score, application and/or interview.
• Applicants will be notified by telephone or email that they have been selected to attend the Academy. Candidates that do not pass the selection process will be notified by mail.
[Return to Academy Home Page]