Volunteer Services Bureau
711 G Street
Sacramento Ca, 95814
Invest Yourself in Your Community!
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department is looking for citizens of our community who want to volunteer their services to work with our law enforcement professionals. Volunteers bring their experiences and skills to enhance the services provided by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department Volunteer Program is comprised of various different volunteer groups that have very specific roles in complimenting our department with addressing the community’s needs. These volunteer groups consist of:
- Volunteers in Partnership with the Sheriff (V.I.P.S.): Trained volunteers who assist law enforcement in a variety of tasks. VIPS serve in clerical, technical and community service volunteer positions that will help the Sheriff deliver better service throughout our community.
- Sacramento County Sheriff's Department Interns: College students who are interested in law enforcement and who are enrolled in a Criminal Justice Internship program where there is a requirement to complete a specific number of hours in order to receive college credits for their college degree. (Contact your educational institution for information)
- Explorers/Cadets: Youth in grades K-12 who have a desire to learn about careers in the law enforcement field. The primary goal of this program is to assist youth in choosing a career path with in law enforcement and to challenge them to become responsible citizens of their communities.
- Volunteer Search and Rescue: Highly trained volunteers who are trained in rural and urban search and rescue techniques.
- Drowning Accident Rescue Team (DART): Highly trained water rescue volunteers who respond to water accidents.
- Sacramento County Sheriff's Amateur Radio Program (SHARP): Licensed amateur radio operators who assist with any emergency requiring auxiliary communications.
If you are interested in obtaining more information about volunteer
opportunities with the Sheriff's Department, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.