Additional documentation required upon selection:
- California Department of Justice Live Scan Fingerprint Screening.
- A signed medical clearance from a physician stating the applicant is able to participate in the Academy physical conditioning program.
- California Department of Motor Vehicle Driver's License/Identification Card Information Request to show proof of a valid unrestricted driver license. Note: The on-line driver record is not an official document and will not be accepted.
- High school diploma, G.E.D or applicable college diploma/transcripts.
- Proof of medical/automobile insurance (for duration of training).
- All applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age on the test date.
- All PELLETB and Physical Ability Test dates will be listed on the SSD website. The PELLETB and Physical Ability Test (PAT) shall be completed by the applicant on the same day. Applicants must register and RSVP that they will be attending the test date.
- The applicant shall be required to complete and submit the Non-Affiliate Application and Non-Affiliate Questionnaire to staff prior to leaving the testing site.
- Applicants obtaining a T-Score of 45 or higher will continue onto the next step and those applicants with a T-score of 44 or lower will be allowed to start the testing process over for future Academies.
- A review of the submitted Non-Affiliate Questionnaire will be completed by staff and a telephone interview may be completed with those applicants receiving a passing T-score and PAT score. This element of the process allows Academy staff to further evaluate the applicant’s interest and personally verify minimum requirements are met.
- The applicants meeting the testing, application/questionnaire and telephone interview requirements may be scheduled for a panel interview.
- The best candidates will be chosen based on their PELLETB score, application and/or interview.
- Applicants will be notified by telephone or email that they have been selected to attend the Academy. Candidates that do not pass the selection process will be notified by mail.