2101 Hurley Way
Sacramento, CA 95825
To report a parking violation 874-5115
General Information 876-6642
Public hours of operation:
8:00am - 5:00pm
Monday - Friday
Closed all County Holidays
Educate the community about the laws, codes and ordinances affecting their neighborhoods, business districts, schools and parks.
Enforce laws, codes and ordinances that protect the rights of the disabled.
Ensure that public roadways and parking facilities are open and accessible to vehicles, pedestrians, and emergency equipment.
Improve the quality of life for citizens by identifying and taking action to correct unsafe conditions and ensuring the orderly flow of traffic.
How do I report a parking violation in the unincorporated areas of Sacramento County?
Call the Sheriff's Department Non-Emergency Line at (916) 874-5115.
How do I pay a parking citation?
- Mailing a check or money order payable to the agency listed at the top of the citation to:
Sacramento County Sheriff’s Parking Enforcement
PO BOX 10479
Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479
Be sure to include a copy of the citation or write the citation number on the envelope and the check.
- Make a credit card payment at (800) 989-2058 or pay on line at www.citationprocessingcenter.com
- Pay in person at 2101 Hurley Way, Sacramento, Ca 95825. Cash, cashier’s check or money order only.
Pleast contact our office at (916) 876-6642 for payment options.
How do I contest a parking citation?
There are three levels to appeal a parking violation.
- To request a level one administrative appeal, you may contest online at www.citationprocessingcenter.com or you may submit the appeal in writing by mail within 21 calendar days from the issuance of the citation or 14 calendar days from the mailing of a notice of delinquent parking violation. There is no charge for this review. Include a copy of the citation, your name, address and the reason you are contesting. Include all relevant evidence.
- If you are not satisfied with the results of your first stage review you may request an administrative hearing of the violation no later than 21 calendar days following the mailing of the results from the initial review stage appeal. You’re request for a hearing must be accompanied by payment of the citation in full or by filling out a financial waiver. You must state if you would like a hearing “by mail” or “in person”. Be sure to use the correct form.
- If you are not satisfied with the administrative hearing results, you may further appeal your case to the Carol Miller Justice Center at (916) 875-7800 within 30 calendar days from the mailing of your hearing results. If you appeal this decision to the Carol Miller Justice Center, you are required to provide a copy of the appeal notice to the Sacramento Sheriff’s Parking Enforcement Detail at 2101 Hurley Way, Sacramento, CA 95825 by personal delivery or first-class mail to avoid late fees and a lien on the vehicle registration. If your citation is dismissed by the court and you paid any portion of your fine, you will be mailed a refund, including the $25.00 court filing fee. (See web site located at bottom of page).
Failure to respond to the citation within 21 days will result in:
- An $8.00 Penalty: and
- Doubling of the parking fine; and
- Notification to the Department Of Motor Vehicles in the form of a lien.
- DMV refusing to register or re-register the vehicle until all outstanding parking penalties are paid.
If you have any questions regarding the process to contest a parking citation, you may contact the Parking Enforcement Detail at (916) 876-6642.
Join Our Team
Locate Your Local Office