Since 1993, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department has relied on our volunteers to assist with our many various tasks. Effective crime prevention requires the support of a partnership between the Sheriff’s Department and our community.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department is proud to have a volunteer work force that helps form that partnership, and works with the department to improve the quality of life for the residents of Sacramento County.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid California driver’s license or I.D. Card
- Possess a clear criminal history
- Pass a required background investigation
- Ability to work 16 hours a month (Preferably volunteering 1-2 days a week with a 4-6 hour commitment each volunteer day)
- Complete the department orientation and all required training
- Have a good moral character and reputation
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment
- Have the desire to assist your community
Download the Volunteer Application
Download the Volunteer Agreement
Our volunteers are currently assisting in the following programs:
Community Partnerships: Neighborhood Crime Watch, Business Crime Watch, Special Events, Safety Fairs
Investigations: Missing person follow up, special projects, graffiti abatement
Clerical Support: Computer data entry, filing
Service Center: Customer Service, to include citizen walk in and phone contacts, crime report writing, fingerprinting children, community events
Volunteer Patrol: Neighborhood patrol, vacation checks, illegal sign abatement and directed patrol requests
If you are interested in obtaining more information about volunteer
opportunities with the Sheriff's Department, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Join Our Team
Locate Your Local Office