The North, Central and South Service Centers are closed to public access until further notice as a precautionary measure in an effort to mitigate unnecessary exposure to the COVID-19 Virus. On-line reporting is still available
While our Service Centers are temporarily closed to public access, our field patrol deputies will continue to respond to emergency and non-emergency calls for service. We recognize our Service Center Volunteers provide a valuable service to our communities and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- If you have an emergency situation and need immediate Sheriff’s Deputy response due to a life threatening situation or an in progress crime, please call 9-1-1.
- If you would like to file an on-line report, please go to “On-Line Reporting”
- Social visits and public access at the Sacramento County Main Jail and the Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center have been eliminated except for legal/professional visits and those that have to attend court.
Carol Miller Justice Center
- Carol Miller Justice Center (traffic, small claims and unlawful detainers) has been closed to the public, and all traffic arraignments and trials, as well as small claims hearings, have been postponed for 90 days.
Hurley Service Center
- The Live Scan office located at 2101 Hurley Way will be available by appointment only. The Live Scan offices located at Rancho Cordova Service Center and Central Division Center will be closed until further notice.
- Civil Bureau front counter will be closed until further notice. All documents can be placed in the drop box located outside the public access door (Eviction paperwork will not be processed at this time). Any question’s concerning the civil process should be directed to (916) 875-2665.
- CCW operations are cancelling all new appointments until further notice. Appointments can be rescheduled. Renewals, duplicates and residential modifications of a CCW will be processed at this time.
The Sheriff’s Office understands that many of these closures create an inconvenience but at this time these precautionary measures are essential to the health and safety of our employees and the citizens we serve.
Join Our Team
Locate Your Local Office