There are some important things that you need to know about using this database:
- This data is produced via a set of processes involving many different systems. No representation is made or implied regarding the accuracy of the data made available here.
- Copies of Crime Reports are available to the public for purchase. HOWEVER, you have to meet the requirements set forth in existing law.
- Pursuant to the Government Code section 6254, the Sheriff's Department does not disclose the victim's information when the following crimes of the California Penal Code are reported:
- 273 (a)
- 273 (d)
- 288 (a)
- The Sheriff's Department started using a Records Management System (RMS) for Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) in January 2007. The RMS manages all crime and incident reports for the Sheriff's Department. These data files only go back to January 2007.
Searchable State Codes: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html
County Code: http://qcode.us/codes/sacramentocounty/
The basic process for using these databases is:
- Download the database(s) for the months that you want to look at.
- Download the supporting information: the code list, definition lists, etc.
- Pull out the information from the databases using your own database software.
Join Our Team
Locate Your Local Office