Skip to main content area

U-Visa Request Information

  • A Sacramento Sheriff’s Department report was taken and
  • The case has not been referred to the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office or
  • The case was referred to the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office, but was rejected for prosecution

If the case was reviewed by the Sacramento County District Attorneys Office, and charges were filed (including cases where a warrant was issued), go to for instructions.

All requests for certification must be submitted with a copy of the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department report. To obtain a copy of the report contact the Sheriff’s Records Section at 711 G Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 (Phone: 916 874-5383).

I-918 B forms must be completely and accurately filled out with the exception of the Name of Certifying Official line, Title and Division/Office of Certifying Official line, Signature of Certifying Official line, and Date line. If the required information is not provided, is incomplete, or filled out incorrectly, forms may be returned or rejected.

  • Do not include information about injuries that the Certifying Official cannot attest to (for example "applicant suffered emotional trauma and cannot sleep at night").
  • If the Certifying Official does not agree with the information you have provided, the certification may be denied or changes may be made to the certification form. If the certification is denied or any alteration is significant, you will be notified.
  • Please put all information within the fields provided.

Agency information required for the I-918 B form (Part 2):

  • Name of Certifying Agency: Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department
  • Name of Head of Certifying Agency: Scott R. Jones, Sheriff
  • Agency Address: 711 G St., Sacramento CA 95814
  • Phone: (916) 874-5098
  • Fax:(916) 874-2656
  • Agency Type: Local
  • Certifying Agency Category: Law Enforcement

All requests should be sent to:

Sacramento Sheriff’s Department
Attn: Legal Affairs/U-Visa
711 G Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

Please include a stamped self-addressed envelope with your certification request.

If you have further questions, contact Legal Affairs at or (916) 874-5098.

The form can be found at

Translation Disclaimer